AICA, the ECDL Foundation National Operator in Italy, offers an ECDL Foundation endorsed programme called 3D CAD.
3D CAD has been developed to certify individuals who have successfully demonstrated that they have the skills and knowledge to use the standard features of 3D CAD applications.
3D CAD certification demonstrates skills in the following areas:
- Basic concepts of 3D model space
- Advanced skills in 3D modelling on architectural or mechanical modelling software
- Concepts and techniques of rendering
These skills are tested by practical tests in the most commonly used architectural and mechanical 3D CAD software.
Who is it For?
The 3D CAD certification programme is aimed at professionals who wish to demonstrate their 3D CAD skills by obtaining a recognised qualification. It is designed for:
- Those who wish to have an officially recognised national (and international) certification of their 3D CAD skills
- Education institutions that want to provide an additional professional and technical skill and a recognised professional qualification to assist job-seekers
- Public bodies and agencies that require an objective certification of the basic knowledge and practical skills of their employees
- Private research and modelling companies working in a range of sectors of 3D that intend to employ people based on an objective evaluation of their knowledge and skills
How Does it Work?
The 3D CAD certification is vendor neutral and covers many common tasks carried out in different types of 3D CAD/CAM software. Vendor neutrality is a requirement for ECDL Foundation endorsement. The certification has been approved for use on a number of software applications and additional applications will be approved in the future.
Based on one approved syllabus, two types of test were developed to suit the requirements of both architects and mechanics. All 3D CAD tests consist of 20 questions. The objective of the test is to create a real model from beginning to render representation in either architectural modelling or mechanical modelling.