The 3D Printing endorsed programme has been developed by ECDL Romania.
Target Audience for the Module
This module is suitable for those who wish to acquire a basic knowledge of 3D Printing processes and to certify their 3D printing skills to an international standard. It is also suited to those who may already work in this field and wish to acquire or certify 3D printing skills.
Objective of the Module
The objective of this module is that the targeted group acquires an overview on 3D printing technologies and materials used in these processes, as well as the costs associated with each type of printer in hand. The candidates will assimilate 3D modeling basic commands, will build simple objects that they will print, and will learn to use the printer software and a verification software for the 3D model, to effectively use the printer and perform physical maintenance, but also to solve any mechanical problems.
Contents of the Module
On completion of this module, the candidate will be able to:
- Know the basic concepts of 3D Printing technology
- Identify the main types of 3D Printing processes
- Outline the domains in which 3D Printing technology can be used
- Use a 3D modeling application to create, modify and save objects, import and export 3D models
- Prepare outputs for 3D Printing
- Identify the basic components of a 3D printer
- Use a 3D printer for manufacturing a 3D model
- Perform troubleshooting on 3D printers based on a FDM process
- Know the basic concepts about risks associated with 3D printing, including bio-printing etihcs and copyright
The benefits of this module are:
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to core 3D Printing skills
- Can be applied to a range of 3D modeling software, from professional packages to ‘freeware’
- Certifies best practice in 3D modeling software use
- Provides a strong level of knowledge that enhances non-technical staff awareness of the fundamentals of 3D printing
- Developed with input from subject matter experts with extensive expertise in this field.
3D Printing tests are conducted as manual testing. Each test module contains 17 questions (12 multiple choice questions and 5 practical (in-application) questions).
For more information about the module please contact ECDL Romania.