ECDL Germany (DLGI), the ECDL National Operator in Germany, has launched a certification module about data protection, under the German name Datenschutz. Datenschutz is aimed at employees who regularly handle personal data and customer data. The main objectives are:
- Knowledge of basic principles of data protection and ability to apply data protection in practice
- Knowledge of rights and obligations of responsible persons handling personal data and customer data
- Understand functions of data protection officers in enterprises
- Be able to identify an infringement of data protection law and knowledge of possible penalties imposed
- Know the data subjects rights in case of an infringement of data
- Protection law
Our online learning platform www.ecdl-moodle.de provides a complete course preparatory for the final examination.
The syllabus, the content and the tests are a result of a project commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Education and Science. Successful pilot projects evaluating content and certification tests took place at Federal Institute for Vocational Training (BiBB), Daimler and IKK-Akademie. Estimated learning time is 12 hours.
Datenschutz tests are conducted as automated testing. The test comprises 36 items mainly based on little scenarios to test practical competences in data protection.
The Datenschutz Certification has been developed in German, and has been officially endorsed by ECDL Foundation