This module is suitable for users of patient data systems, such as doctors, nurses, and healthcare support staff. It defines the skills necessary for staff to operate a Health Information System (HIS) efficiently and securely. It recognises the importance of educating and empowering the end user at all levels and for all professions. It builds on and complements professional education and practice principles, and generic ICT skills, to cover the increasingly important area where computer systems used in the health sector may challenge both established professional practice and good data management.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key features of a Health Information System (HIS)
- Use a HIS safely and efficiently
- Understand the ethics, rules, and regulations relating to HIS
- Understand confidentiality, security, and access control when using a HIS
- Understand and interpret electronically recorded data
What are the benefits of this module?
- Provides a clear, easy-to-follow programme
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to health information systems that can be applied to a range of health information systems software
- Certification covers the common international HIS requirements along with an understanding of key national legislation
- Certifies best practice in HIS software use
- Developed by an international expert group of health professionals
|Policy and Procedure||