ICDL Arabia, the ICDL National Operator for Egypt, GCC States, and Iraq, has launched the ICDL Social Media modules as an ECDL Foundation Endorsed Programme. The programme consists of three modules: social media, cyber safety, and online search, which, taken together, provide the ICDL Social Media Profile Certification. Each module is also a stand-alone ICDL standard module that can be taken in any combination or individually as part of the ICDL Standard Profile or Personalised Profile Certification.
The modules aim to provide the necessary knowledge and skills to leverage the various social media platforms to effectively and safely connect, communicate and collaborate in daily life, understand the online threats facing users of social media and the internet and provide best practice in using online search tools.
Who is it For?
- Students who are looking to enrich their learning by understanding best practice in collaborating and interacting with their teachers and peers and using online tools for effective research.
- Individuals who wish to connect effectively and safely with using social media and understand best practices in order to apply it in their home and work life.
- Job seekers looking to effectively use Social Media and online tools to assist with job searches and to expand their professional network.
- Entrepreneurs looking to further grow their business and promote their products and services by reaching out to a wider market.
- Government civil servants looking to interact more with the general public by using Social Media to improve the quality of service of their entity to their fellow citizens whilst understanding how to protect the online reputation of the department and be aware of policies and laws pertaining to their country.
How Does it Work?
The Social Media programme consists of three independent modules:
Social Media Module
This module will enable Candidates to develop their knowledge and skills in using social media resources effectively, both in their personal and professional lives. Candidates will understand why organisations use social media and be aware of the resources necessary for an organisation to use social media tools effectively and safely. They will understand best practice in netiquette, including recognising issues of privacy, security and online reputation within social media.
Cyber Safety Module
This module provides candidates with the skills and knowledge required to operate safely and effectively whilst online using PCs and mobile devices and to understand and recognise online threats. Candidates will recognise the need to safeguard personal information on computers and mobile devices and will recognise the threats posed by Internet criminals and scams.
Online Search Module
This module enables candidates to demonstrate their skill and knowledge in searching effectively for information. Candidates will be aware of different information sources, both traditional and online and be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of the same. Candidates will appreciate the impact of social media and the access it can provide to a vast range of information.
Testing and Courseware
The social media certification has been developed in both English and Arabic language. Each module has courseware, online tests and a test primer available. The online tests are offered via Litmus Learning, the automated test provider approved by ECDL Foundation who provide four streams for each module providing randomisation of the test. For more information regarding this programme, please visit icdlarabia.org or click here to contact ICDL Arabia directly.