This module allows candidates to understand the concept of spreadsheets and to demonstrate an ability to use a spreadsheet to produce accurate work outputs.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats, locally or in the cloud.
- Use available help resources, shortcuts and the go to tool to enhance productivity.
- Enter data into cells and use good practice in creating lists. Select, sort and copy, move and delete data.
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet. Copy, move, delete and appropriately rename worksheets.
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions. Use good practice in formula creation and recognize error values in formulas.
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet and use available autoformat/table styles.
- Choose suitable charts, and create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings and check and correct spreadsheet content before printing.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use spreadsheets.
- Can be applied to a range of spreadsheets software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective spreadsheets software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
|Using the Application||
|Formulas and Functions||
ECDL Foundation provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand Spreadsheets in more depth and prepare for testing.
- Download the Spreadsheets Sample Test - Syllabus - V6.0 - Office 2013 (.zip)
- Download the Spreadsheets Sample Test - Syllabus - V6.0 - Office 2016 (.zip)
Please note: Answers are provided for the multiple choice questions of the sample papers, please refer to ECDL training materials for information on practical tasks.
Previous syllabus version
Syllabus version 5.0 may still be in use during a period of transition to syllabus version 6.0. Check with your national operator for the syllabus version in use in your country.
- Download the Spreadsheets Module Syllabus V5.0 - (PDF)
- Download the Spreadsheets Sample Test - Syllabus V5.0 - Office 2013 (.zip)
- Download the Spreadsheets Sample Test - Syllabus V5.0 - Office 2010 (.zip)
- Download the Spreadsheets Sample Test - Syllabus V5.0 - OpenOffice 4.1 (.zip)