This module enables the candidate to understand key web publishing concepts and to create, upload, and maintain a web site.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key web concepts and terms.
- Know about the basic principles of HTML; use common HTML mark-up tags to modify the layout of a web page.
- Use a web authoring application to design and format web pages; format text; work with hyperlinks and tables.
- Recognise and use common web image formats; create forms in a web page.
- Understand and use cascading style sheets.
- Prepare web pages for publishing to a web server.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Applicable to a variety of web publishing software.
- Provides the candidate with the skills to develop, publish, and maintain a website.
- Certifies best practice in website creation.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
ECDL Foundation provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand Web Editing in more depth and prepare for testing.
Please note: Answers are provided for the multiple choice questions of the sample papers, please refer to ECDL training materials for information on practical tasks.