This module allows candidates to demonstrate the ability to use a word processing application to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting, and finishing small-sized word processing documents, such as letters and other everyday documents.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with documents and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, to enhance productivity.
- Create and edit small-sized word processing documents that will be ready to share and distribute.
- Apply different formats to documents to enhance them before distribution; recognise good practice in choosing the appropriate formatting options.
- Insert tables, images, and drawn objects into documents.
- Prepare documents for mail merge operations.
- Adjust document page settings.
- Check and correct spelling before finally printing documents.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use a word processing application.
- Can be applied to a range of word processing software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective word processing software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
|Using the Application||
ECDL Foundation provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand Word Processing in more depth and prepare for testing.
- Download the Word Processing Sample Test - Office 2013 (.zip)
- Download the Word Processing Sample Test - Office 2010 (.zip)
- Download the Word Processing Sample Test - OpenOffice 4.1 (.zip)
Please note: Answers are provided for the multiple choice questions of the sample papers, please refer to ECDL training materials for information on practical tasks.